Alt Coin News
When it comes to cryptocurrencies it is clear that Bitcoin controls market dominance. Having a first-mover advantage has certainly been lucrative for Bitcoin and its early investors ever since Satoshi Nakamoto released his white paper on the digital currency in 2009. However, Bitcoin’s dominance according to market cap does not mean there are other cryptocurrencies that have the infrastructure and technology to change the world, and at the same time provide substantial profit for the net wave of early adopters. These alternative digital currencies outside of Bitcoin are known as “Alt Coins”, and with more and more investors shifting toward digital assets it is important to know what alt coins to watch!
Alt coins are digital currencies that do not include Bitcoin and often fluctuate dramatically in price. Some of the most popular alt coins include Ethereum, Litecoin and XRP.
Best Alt Coins
With so much speculation surrounding digital assets, investors trying to discover what are the best alt coins to invest in is no easy task. Especially, with over 1,700 cryptocurrencies worldwide now being traded on various exchanges. Making the process even more difficult is the fact that many alt coins do not have a long history so finding substantial data, news or other information on the top alt coins can be very challenging. Especially, for older investors who are more familiar with reading the Wall Street Journal versus Twitter and Reddit for financial news. Therefore, the first thing investors should research when looking for the best alt coins is age, reputation and community.
Age: How long has the alt coin been on the market?
Reputation: Has the alt coin had security issues or bad press?
Community: Does the alt coin have strong community consisting of developers, investors, and influencers?
Investing In Alt Coins
What Is The Best Cryptocurrency?
Investors over the last decade have seen Bitcoin prices go from lows of $4 in 2012 to lows of $3,200 in 2018, with Bitcoin all time high price skyrocketing to over $19,000 in late 2017. Those are the types or price movements that turned many holding the crypto asset into millionaires seemingly overnight. With Bitcoin providing astronomical return on investment, investors quickly began researching alt coins to find the next Bitcoin. There are a lot of variables when it comes to answering what is the best cryptocurrency, but after factoring in the above mentioned alt coin’s age, reputation and community, the last thing that matters is money. And no that does not mean the price of the cryptocurrency but rather the market cap of the digital asset.
Top 5 Alt Coins To Invest In 2019
- Ethereum: Created by a Bitcoin early adopter and computer science genius named Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum is a crypto asset that is trying to essentially be a world computer. Ethereum has the largest community of developers, strong leadership and a detailed roadmap. Many cryptocurrency experts believe that Ethereum will surpass Bitcoin in market cap very soon.
- Litecoin: Developed by Charlie Lee, Litecoin was intentionally designed using Bitcoin code and is often referred to as a test net for the leading cryptocurrency. Litecoin offers all of the same features as Bitcoin but is faster, cheaper and will soon offer a privacy option.
- Bitcoin Cash: A hard fork of Bitcoin, BCH-ABC strives to be the payment version of Bitcoin, meaning one day a person can purchase a cup of coffee with the cryptocurrency. With a solid marketing team, a recognizable name, and more efficient product that the original Bitcoin.
- Monero: Created in 2014, this cryptocurrency focuses on fungibility, decentralization and most importantly privacy. Transactions made with XMR are ideal for people trying to hide source, destination or amount from outside observers.
- XRP: Although controversial for a number of reasons, Ripple XRP still is a top 3 cryptocurrency according to market cap, has age, and a decent community. Although recent technical analysis suggests XRP might be falling out of favor with investors, the crypto asset still holds a lot of upside potential if it delivers on its vision to be the choice for cross-border payments and settlements.
Best Alt Coin To Invest In
Best Cryptocurrency To Invest In Now
Although Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Monero and XRP are some of the most popular alt coins chosen by investors that does not necessarily mean they are the best alt coins to invest in. According to our experts these are the alt coins with some of the largest upside potential include:
Investors should be very cautious when researching the alt coin market due to the high level of volatility among cryptocurrencies that routinely move more than 10-20% in a single day! Therefore, all of the information contained in this article should not be taken as financial advice! It is important for all investors to due their own research with each individual crypto asset they choose to invest in.